Happy Birthday to me. Yes everyone it's my birthday and I wanted to start my year with some sweet dish, not any sweet dish but my elder sister's favorite.so sis this one for you on my day. And this one 100% my original idea. It's so easy and less sugary , buttery still we can enjoy the goodness of Baklava.
serves : 6 people
cooking time - 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread ( Nutella)
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup blanched toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 30 shells frozen phyllo shells (ready made)
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat; stir until honey dissolves. Increase heat to medium; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 230° (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; keep warm. Discard cinnamon stick.
2. Dip the shells just for second in this liquid so they become slightly sweet and keep it in dish. Take a spoon and fill the shells generously. if you desire , spread thin Nutella layer on each shells.