Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mirchi Ka Salan | Spicy Pepper Curry

To tell you the truth, I never ever had this dish, just had the knowledge that this is famous Hyderabadi dish but I tasted salan with biryani in local restaurants and loved it and I tried it at home and loved it too. So when it comes to Mirchi ka Salan, I have to make it, because it has Mirchi, Which I just love it and second, it's Hyderabadi so I have to try this. But never had a chance to go out and first try it so I can replicate the taste but then I thought why not to make it home, then whenever I have chance I will try it outside. This goes perfect with biryanis, jeera rice or vegetable pulao but You can have it with Rotis too. Just Don't use spicy chilies because that will make the dish very spicy and you can not handle it, otherwise, it has very nice ingredients like coconut, peanuts and sesame seeds. So nothing can wrong, even my picky eater hubby like it. He wanted to me to add vegetables in that gravy so next time I will be making that and will share it too.

Ingredients :

4-5 long chilies or any nonspicy chilies, just don't take capsicum
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
2-3 tbsp. tamarind concentrate
1 tsp. each  Mustard seeds, Fennel seeds, Cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds
few leaves of curry leaves
1 tbsp. cumin and coriander powder
1 tbsp. red chili powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp. oil


To make it paste

1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup peanuts
2 tbsp sesame seeds

Dry roast these ingredients and make a fine thick puree with little water. Keep it aside.

Method:

If you are using too long chilies, cut it and heat a tbsp oil in a pan, and roast it. Just for a minute or two.
Take it out and add the rest of the oil.
Add mustard seeds, when it pops, add rest of the seeds, fennel, cumin and fenugreek along with curry leaves.
When it changes the color, add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
then add chopped onions and cook till its little pink.
Add the tamarind concentrate along with little water and cook for 3 minutes. Then add coconut and sesame puree and cook for 2 minutes.
Add a cup of water and mix it and add salt and green chilies.
Cook till gravy thicken and enjoy with rice or biryanis.





Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the weekfestive family foodies
recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too
easy and simple foods: First Blog Anniversary and Giveaway
Festive family foodies | Bangers & Mash , Eat Your Veg
Babi 's Recipes: My First Event with Giveaways


22 comments:

  1. lovely looking salan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yumm yaar.. I have never tried this.. But your post is tempting me to try soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mirchi salan and biryani combo. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to hop over to check out this delicious recipe! Such great flavors and the coconut adds an amazing touch:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. never eaten a salan, but does sound yummy by the ingredients used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think will make it now,always thought salan was very spicy...now the non spicy chillies will make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can choose your favorite pepper, just don't use capsicum .

      Delete
  7. Never can I say no to such a spicy curry. Yum with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice ! I love this dish. As you rightly said, I too use the non-spicy chilies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not heard of this dish either so I was very interested to learn about it. It sounds very spicy but it's definitely great comfort food! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, such a delicious sounding curry! Thanks so much for linking it up with December's Family Foodies festive challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates