Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unfried Ravioli

Remember when I made simple baked ravioli , I told you that there is another way to make this treat and it is dip the ravioli in egg, then bread crumbs and fry it or bake it. After several successful attempt to feed the kids plain baked ravioli, I made this one and my daughter just loved it. I made it with three cheese ravioli so it was tasted like mozzarella sticks but in bite size.  Again you can deep fry this but I baked it. I didn't use egg either, I like to dip it in buttermilk and then season breadcrumbs. It gives same texture without that eggy smell. Believe me, I love eggs but can't stand that eggy smell. But if you don't have that kind of problem, use eggs by all means. This is perfect for party appetizer & kids lunch box too. I made it with two bags, and froze it so whenever I need it for lunch box just have to heat up in toaster oven and I am done.

Some how this is very famous from St. Louis, Missouri. They just loved this fried cheesey  dough with warm marinara sauce.

Ingredients :

1 packet store bought 3 cheese or cheese ravioli
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup warm marinara sauce
Herbs as needed to season bread crumbs and buttermilk
salt and pepper as needed

Method:

Defrost the ravioli first.
Heat the oven at 350 F.
In two separate bowls, take buttermilk in one bowl  and in another seasoned bread crumbs.
If its not in the season , use your available dry herbs and salt and pepper for both - buttermilk and crumbs.
Keep it aside.


Spray oil in baking dish.
Take one ravioli, dip it in buttermilk with left hand , make sure its fully covered in buttermilk, take it out and put it in bread crumbs, now use right hand for bread crumbs, making sure that it covered nicely.
Line up in baking dish,
Finish all and put it in the oven for 20 minutes, turn in between if one side is brown.
Make both sides brown.
Take it out and leave it at room temperature before giving to anyone especially to kids because inside is piping hot.
Serve it with marinara sauce. If you like you can sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top too.










Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the week
recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too
easy and simple foods: First Blog Anniversary and Giveaway

23 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crispy snack .Very quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthy one dear,love baked snacks..guilt free too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a innovative recipe.. wanna try this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. why unfried... quite tempting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, never heard of baked ravioli before. I am sure it must have tasted divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is absolutely divine, thanks for stopping by Nupur

      Delete
  7. yaar sahi h...non fried...wow :)
    love it but husband hates it :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, I've never tried something like this. Will definitely want to soon! Thanks for joining in with #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates