Friday, May 8, 2015

Schezwan Stir Fried Poha (Flatten Rice)

When I come home after work, First thing I do , make dinner for Husband then for kids, because I need to take care of their timings, so by the time its my diner I am all exhausted and don't even feel like making anything or eating, mind says rest but tummy needs food. So have to make something. This is how this quick stir fried poha borned. That day I was in mood for chinese but didn't have energy to cook rice, then get cold and then make stir fried, So Poha comes to rescue. Its rice only right so why not to treat it like rice. I saw this in one of FB group and since then it was in mind to make it , it was so quick and delicious, I eat it leftovers next day too. You can make it with brown poha too. I pair it with quick stir fried tofu and vegetables and enjoyed it once kids went to sleep and huby is all done eating diner and his medicines. Now its my time to enjoy my meal. So here you go with quick and delicious stir fry with poha.

Ingredients : 

2 cups washed and dried Poha
1 and 1/2  cups of chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrot, capscium, onion)
Few frozen or fresh green peas
As per taste ginger , garlic and green chilies finely chopped
As per taste soya sauce
2 tbsp. Schezwan sauce
1 tsp. Vinegar
1 tsp. Hot chili sauce
2 tbsp. oil
Few leaves of chopped coriander leaves chopped
Salt as per taste - I like to add little soya sauce and then add salt, so it doesn't become very brown.

Method:

Get your vegetables ready and washed and dried your poha. Keep your sauces out.
Heat a wok  on high flame.
Add oil in it, add ginger, garlic and chili in it.
Saute till its gets nice aroma.
Add your vegetables and cook on high flame for minute or two.
Add poha along with all sauces, mix it nicely and check for salt and other seasoning.
Quick stir fried everything on high flame for minute or two.
Once its done, shut off the gas and add coriander leaves.
Serve hot with your favorite stir fried vegetables or gravy manchurian or as it is.
I had it with quick tofu and vegetables stir fry.



Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the weekExtra Veg - Hosted by Veggie Desserts May 2015


http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/tag/recipeoftheweek/
#ExtraVeg Food Blog Challenge - May 2015 | VEGGIE DESSERTS,Helen at Fuss Free Flavours (http://fussfreeflavours.com/extra-veg/) and to Michelle at Utterly Scrummy (http://utterlyscrummy.blogspot.co.uk/p/extra-veg.html)
simply.food: Announcing event Lets Cook with Peas






17 comments:

  1. Quick fix meal. Lovely but I still prefer rice. Reading through your intro bought back memories of my own life. Rushing and coming back home to cook and feeling exhausted before tucking into the meal. Over here driving through rain and traffic jam is another thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like rice but this comes handy on a tiring day. Thanks Nava

      Delete
  2. Lovely twist to the poha dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice twist to the regular poha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely flavours in this!!! Thanks for linking to #ExtraVeg

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice twist to the poha preparation. Quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hosting an event on my blog.Please link your butternut squash recipes. Thank you.
    http://mayurisjikoni.blogspot.com/2015/05/502-pasta-with-butternut-squash-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hosting an event on my blog.Please link your butternut squash recipes. Thank you.
    http://mayurisjikoni.blogspot.com/2015/05/502-pasta-with-butternut-squash-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete

  8. I visit your post. And I like it. plz keep continue.Thanks!!
    Chowringhee Laxmi Nagar Menu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates