Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Quick No Yeast Bhature | Fluffy Indian Fried Bread




I don't have time to make the dough and rest it and make bhatura, so when all recipes asked to make dough with yeast and rest it for good 2-3 hours, well it's not suits my schedule. In 2-3 hours my kids will have dinner and go to bed. So when I was looking for no yeast without resting recipe of bhatura, I find nothing. Then I read somewhere to add potatoes in flour and make the dough and you don't need to rest it , so came home, make chole, make khichdi and kadhi for hubby because he wanted to eat light and before that I made dough with potato and I added AP flour and whole wheat flour while the potato was warm so there was no need to add water and dough was soft enough. I boiled potato in the microwave to save some time and it was done in 5 minutes. So in 45 minutes, I made chole bhatura, Khichdi, kadhi and kids had fun eating this. So try it this quick no yeast recipe of bhatura.


Ingredients :

1 big boiled potato
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp. oil
Oil for Frying

Method:

Mesh boiled potatoes nicely, add both the flours, salt, and oil and knead the dough.
Rest it for 5-10 minutes.


Make golf size balls and make a circle as per your wish, I made big bhatura so I had it 10 if you wish you can make a small size.
Heat the oil in a big pan.
When the oil is hot, fry bhatura till its brown on one side, flip it and cook on the other side.
Take it out on a paper towel and finish all bhatura.
Serve with chole, pickle, and onion.








9 comments:

  1. Wow... that really sounds interesting... something that I would love to make since making batturas for me is also very dicey thanks to the resting time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rafeeda, thats true with work and resting dough idea don't go together.

      Delete
  2. looks so yummy...feeling hungry again

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Indian food and I'm sure my family would love to try this, looks fabulous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of making bhatura quickly by adding potatoes. My SIL adds a couple of slices of bread to the bhatura dough and it seems to work. Not tried it myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely yeast free bhatura recipe and they look perfect in texture

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates