Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Galka nu shak / Indian zucchini curry - Silk Gourd Curry - Guest post for Gloria

On Monday, Gloria was guest at my space , today I am at her. Just love the feelings to share the space.

Did you guys check this Marzipan recipe at Pepper, Chilli and Vanilla , run by Gloria Fernandes? If not check it out , she made it so nicely and easy. Gosh I love to do that one day. She has awesome recipes both veg and non veg and her desserts are mind blowing. We both had our blog anniversary in July so I asked her for guest post and she asked me too. So we both did  guest post  for each other. Read more about my today's dish at her space.

I just love all the vegetables so now and then I make this dishes to go with rotis or rice but when my parents were visiting and we had chance, we went down to memory lane and make this shak with khichdi. We used to had this back home every summer for diner. That time we didn't have leftover tradition so what ever mom makes, we finished up everything and if we have little bit left, we used to eat it in kadai only, means in which mom made shak (curry) we add khichdi in it and eat it. It is saying if you eat this way, in your marriage , rain will come for sure. This happend to my sister's wedding. We had so bad rain that day that pots in which cooks have to make food, was floating but we managed to did everything  and wedding was done nicely and now from last 20 + years she is settled in Canada and happily married. so coming back to this dish, lets start cooking.

Check out my today's recipe Galka nu shak here.







Thanks Gloria for the honor to share you space. Bless you Girl.
Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the week
WTML with Arinellikkai Oorugai / Gooseberry Pickle | Gayathri's Cook Spot
#recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too
Zesty South Indian Kitchen - Tasty Recipes From All Over The World

22 comments:

  1. I think v have to wait more for the recipe. :) its not up yet @Gloria's space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious! Will hop over to Gloria's space to check out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to go through about your sister' marriage story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai Linsy. hope you keeping well. Was away from the blogworld for some time. So wanted to catch up on all of you. Interesting dish with zuchinni. we call it koosa here in the middle east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Back Sona, will check out your space for new updates too.

      Delete
  5. I need the recipe for our next veg meal. Its really delicious and over now to Gloria's space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make it often too.. we don't get ridge gourd here and this tastes quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back,Linsy..hope u had great fun trip :)
    Lovely guest post,just saw it at Gloria's space !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful guest post with wonderful recipe...good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice understanding.... good dish too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tempting and flavorful curry...... Looks yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot dear for a mouth watering post..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your zucchini curry sounds delicious and is such a great way to use all the lovely seasonal zucchini we are getting at the moment. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful. I adore the flavour and texture of curried courgettes. Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. Sorry I was particularly slow getting over for this one. I've pinned it to my food board and a tweet will go out shortly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates