Friday, August 29, 2014

Baked Poha Cutles

Mostly on Fridays, I try to make Chat dishes. So One Friday, I wanted to make chole tikki. Made Chole and was wondering which tikkis I should go for it. I wanted to make poha cutlets for long but didn't wanted to shallow fry so I baked it, It was nice and crunchy and was perfect with my chat. Enjoyed it with spicy, tangy Ragda pattice and we all enjoyed it. you can shallow fry this too.

Ingredients :

3 potatoes boiled and mashed
1 cup washed and rinsed poha (flatten Rice Flakes)
1/2 tsp. each cumin seeds and mustard seeds
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 green chili finely chopped
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
lime juice to taste
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. finely chopped coriander leaves

Method:

Boiled the potatoes and mash it in a bowl.
Wash and clean the poha in container and keep it aside.
Heat a small pan and add oil in it. Add mustard seeds when its popped, add cumin seeds, when it changes the color, add onion and cook till its pink.
Add red chili powder, green chili, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it nicely.
Take it away from flame and add that masala to potato mixture.
Add poha in it too. Add lime juice and coriander leaves and mix it nicely.
Preheat the oven at 400 F.
Make all your tikkis / cutlets as per your desired shape.
 spray the baking dish with oil and put the cutlets in it.

When done making it, bake it till nice and brown on both sides about 20 minutes or so.
Enjoy hot with chole or ragda pattice.
 I have fire in the down of the oven so I cooked it on low side to make it nice and crunchy but if you have broiler, do it that way.







Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the week
WTML with Arinellikkai Oorugai / Gooseberry Pickle | Gayathri's Cook Spot
#recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too
The Veggie Indian: What's with my Cuppa - Edition 3

22 comments:

  1. Nice recipe. .. healthy and delicious cutlets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking is a great idea...love the healthy baked cutlets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the healthy twist...looks so yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fire baked poha cutlet u are amazing Linsy.What an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work dear such a cute cutlets yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your new venture.
    Do we need to turn it to cook from other sides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what new venture Rashida? yes as mentioned in the recipe cook on both sides until its nice brown.

      Delete
  7. Delicious crispy yumy treat I need to to try for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy cutlet..like the shape..very healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inviting. Just a couple of days ago, I bought poha from far away and I know what to do with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow dear. Baked cutlets sounds interesting..Yummy Innovative ideas are expected from you.. Too good..

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks really delicious.. i need atleast 4 for my tea time..please apps me my share..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of these before. They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks inviting cutlets....... Healthy and tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The looks so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. I've pinned it to my food board and a tweet will go out shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow.. baked poha cutlets, sounds great will try making them, they look so pretty-:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. baked makes it really healthy! yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious baked poha cutlets thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Linsy!! you come up with some innovative recipes!! I sure am trying this one..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates