Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Oven Baked Kurkuri Bhindi / Baked Crunchy Ladiesfingers

One day I was talking on phone to my parents back home in India, after some chit chat, my dad said one sec, mom wants to tell you something, those kind of sentences makes me worried , about their health or some bad news. So when Mom came on line, she said Beta , we saw one recipe on tv and it looks so good and sound so good, we wanted to let you know, if you want to try it, I was relieved that its nothing serious. Then I asked for what's the name and recipe and it was kurkuri bhindi and she explained me receipe, I said its very old and everyone is making it? so my dad said why don't you make something different out of it and that makes my brain started thinking , I said ok will see.  Since then I didn't got bhindi, because it was not that good, I wanted long, thin ones. So when I saw nice bhindi in store, got it and made it in the evening for my dinner, but it was so crispy so instead of having it with usual dal roti dinner, I had it with Rajma chawal and top it with crunchy bhindi. It was delicious, you can make some dip with yogurt and have it as party appetizer too.

Ingredients :

10-15 Bhindis / Ladies fingers
1 tbsp. Besan / Chickpea flour
1 tsp. Turmeric powder
1 half  onion , match stick chopped  (optional)
1 tbsp. Red chili powder
1 tsp. Chat powder
Salt as per taste
1 tsp. Black salt or Aam chur powder (Dry mango powder)

Method:

Heat the oven at 350 F.
Take your baking dish. Wash and clean your bhindi.
Take Bhindi / Ladies Fingers and cut the top off. Cut it in half and make two slices of one half and same with other half so you will have four slices from one Bhindi.
Add one by one powder masala and last besan and mix it.
If adding onion, add it now.

Leave it out for 10-15 minutes.
After that put it in oven and cook till its nice and crunchy.
Meanwhile take it out  from time to time and mix it so it cooks from all side.
It took 30 minutes to get my desire crunchiness , but its depend upon you and oven.
Enjoy it as side dish or appetizer with any dip or just raita.




Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the weekFirst blog Anniversary and giveawayCredit-Crunch-Munch
A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table: Eat Your Greens

35 comments:

  1. I normally make kurkure bhindi on stovetop... will try in oven next time :)
    -cookininpajamas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never make fry ones , always with baked version , do try it and share your experience , thanks

      Delete
  2. oh wow..oven baked bhindis look so crisp and yummy..now no more deep frying...looks tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria and sure let me know, have a blessed lent

      Delete
  3. Love it. Nice turnout. Never baked bhindis but I surely am gonna make for our veg lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 350 degree, wont burn vegetables.It is going to black at last. as you said try to stir in between but 30 minutes at 350... vegetables are looking black and roasted instead of crisp.. so any solution..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okra has lot of moisture, so it has to burn to make it crispy. Yes mine are little burned because I was doing something and it sit in the oven , so when you make it , be careful.

      Delete
  5. Very yummy and healthy too ! Nice Idea !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm...kurkure bhindi. Hard to resist. Lurve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bhindi kurkhure has come out so perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  8. i so know the feeling when moms have that tone. These days with Food channel in India my mom too shares a lot of recipes:) great recipe here with baked bhindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never trid the baked version.. looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so crispy and delicious.. Loved your baked healthy version..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing with Eat Your Greens, I have been hankering for okra aka bhindi, love to eat it this way - super crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely way to serve okra! Your bhindi look delicious! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love crunchy okra, the round up should be up tonight. Thank you for participating in EatYourGreens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like ladiesfinger very much.. Thanks for share.
    www.unnatisilks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates