Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rava Laddo wih Yellow Chocolate / Semolina Balls

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. May GOD showered all his blessings and keep you under his wings forever.


Thank you so much for showing your support in last year and wishing and hoping that it will stay same in this coming year(s) too. 


My mom used to make this every Christmas and we gobbled them up before New Year. It was our family tradition to make this laddos on every 22nd December because next day is my mom's birthday and we eat first thing in the morning was this laddos. Since last 15 years I am missing this tradition because I am far away from my parents. I had sudden urge to eat this and I feel like I have to make this now, so before I cook anything, I made this laddos. But I know that lot of my blogger friends has this on their blog and I have to do something different otherwise its not fun for me at least. So I added yellow vanilla chocolates in it, it was very nicely combined in roasted rava and I had to use less sugar too because chocolates is already sweet. Next time I will make this with dark chocolate so I can feed under 10 years old in my house, of course with lot so ghee and nuts in it.

Ingredients :

1 cup rava
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. ghee
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp. cardamom powder
few cashew nuts and golden raisins
4 tbsp. grated coconut
1/2 cup yellow or any color vanilla chocolate chips


I didn't had sliced coconut , but if you had it fry that too with other nuts and add it , its gives nice flavor.

Method:

Heat a non stick pan and add 1 tsp. of ghee and roast the cashews , raisins until raisins puff up.
Keep it aside. If you are using it coconut slices, fry them too.
Add the remaing ghee and roast the rava until nice aroma comes out.
In a separate glass bowl melt the chocolate chips.
Take out roasted rava and add nuts, cardamom powder, sugar and coconut.
Mix well and add melted chips and warm milk and try to make balls, if you can make it balls easily then no need to add extra milk.
But if you can not then add little more.
Make balls as per your liking big or small, I like to make it small.

Store this in air tight container and use it with 2-3 days.
Simply Tadka's 2nd Blogiversary Event & Giveaway
UK Rasoi event
krithiskitchen
Indrani's event
gayathriscookspot.
simply tadka
Sapna's Event
cuisinedelights.
 eshoboshoaahare.  and simplytadka.

19 comments:

  1. Yummy ladoo and Happy New Year dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty yumm laddoos.. Happy New Year Linsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and gave a twist to the traditional recipe. Well done dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely twist in simple ladoos...simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what your did, the creative invention with the chocs. Something special and I shall keep it in mind. I can't say no to laddo but just a bit only.

    Happy New Year to you and everyone at home. Looking forward to more delicious recipes rolled out in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a twist to traditional rava laddu. Loved the addition of chocolates to it. Wish you a very happy new year Linsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved what you added to those lovely ladoos...a good twist, Lincy,
    Wishing you a very Happy New year
    Happy Blogging
    do join my event below..looking for our delicious recipes....
    Thanking you
    Preetha
    Event Name : “Dish-it-out” – “Light Dinners”
    Event Date : Jan 1st – Jan 31st
    Event URL : http://abowlofcurry.blogspot.in/2013/12/dish-it-out-light-dinners.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting addition.. Happy new year Linsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. innovative very delicious luking rava balls...Happy New year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting combo n kids love for sure, happy new year to you n ur family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow thats an interesting twist to the good old Rava laddus..Couldnt even think of them..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rava laddoo with chocolate looks yumm. Happy new year to you and your family Linsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. can i pull out a couple of them for me, linsy??? u r tempting me really...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rava ladoos with chocolate hmm thats so intresting linsy ...Guess u enjoyed with ur family on new year .Happy new year to u n ur cuties as well..

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really a flavorful taste of laddoo ... I like to have this innovative laddoo . Thanks Linsy for your particiapation.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an very delecious fusion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates