Monday, August 25, 2014

Gujarati Thali # 3

In a week, there is always a Thali whenever I make Indian food, but I am too tired to post and click every time. But when I feel like no I have to share this, I make an effort to click and make a post. This is one of the easiest dishes you can make it and enjoy it. It doesn't have to be in one dish, you can make any one vegetable dish and enjoy with rice or roti. Now onwards I try to make more of  this kind of posts because this kind of thali is always welcome by everyone or even when you have get together, it gives you an idea what to make for the party.

 Cabbage and Tuver dana shak:

Cut the cabbage very thinly.
Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp. oil.
Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chilies chopped.
Cook till mustard seeds popped.
Add ginger, garlic paste and tomato and cook for a minute.
Add cabbage and pigeon peas(fresh) and add red chili powder, cumin and coriander powder , turmeric powder , salt and mix it and cover it. 
cook for 5-7 minutes till water is gone and peas are cooked.
Sprinkle lemon juice and fresh chopped coriander leaves and enjoy with rotis.




Bataka nu rasawalu shak (Potatoes in sweet and sour gravy)

Cut potatoes in cubes.
Heat a pan with oil in it. Add mustard seeds, when it's popped, add hing, turmeric powder, cumin -coriander powder, ginger ,green chili paste and little water so masala don't get burned. Add potatoes and salt and enough water to cook it. Add kokum (you can take tomatoes too) and 2 tbsp. grated jaggery and mix it till you get thick gravy. Sprinkle coriander leaves and enjoy hot with puris or rotis or rice. 


Rotis
Chorafali
Pickle
Jeera rice
Microwave Mysore Pak I know its not Gujarati sweet, but at that time I had this one on hand so use that.

28 comments:

  1. Drooling platter..... Like Gujarati dhanshak, so yumm !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy platter and i love your seires linsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely platter! btw..what is this pigeon peas fresh? you get it fresh like green peas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy loving this thaalii.. i am ready to be invited . be ready lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A plate with full of yummy foods...yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks linsy for sharing this traditional Gujarati meal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to invite myself to your place to have this thali. So yummy with various varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..........i loved the thali especially the chorafali looks very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont bother to invite myself to ur place, this thali is very irresistible,especially that chorafali is damn delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a lovely set and I love all the whole package, one which I'm looking at for our veg meals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. kya baat !!....never had Gujrati thali ....is that platter for a single person? ...omg..mein toh ek din mein hi moti hojaoongi fir to (I mean aur moti)... ....btw,what is chorafali :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its for two people. Chorafali is traditional Gujarati snack.

      Delete
  12. Irresistible thali .. yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm coming over Linsy.. Keep one thali ready for me.. Looks super tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..looks too tempting,feeling hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy thali....very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Linsy!! loved the food!! and that chorafali makes my mouth water... loved the light in your photo. looks beautiful.. finally i am back (or hoping to be back) to blogging. thanks for checking on me. how have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow...awesome platter...looks delicious dear..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am coming over, delicious thali.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so appealing. I love eating from a platter but I fear I would clear the whole lot by myself! Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. I've pinned this post to my food board and a tweet will go out later :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Indian cooking. This looks and sounds absolutely delicious. #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely dishes! Your Thali look absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks sooo good! Will have to give it a try.
    order online food delhi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates