Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Red Cabbage and Baby Bok Choy Stuffed Steamed dumplings

I love this soft pillowed dumplings, steamed one not that much fried one. Yes for baked one too. But I didn't want to go for traditional ingredients so I played with different vegetables and still turn out awesome. I had it with my Bok Choy salad and was a very light but filling and healthy lunch. You can shape it anyway you are comfortable with, you can deep fry it, baked it and even put it in gingery broth to have it as soup is the best. I wanted to do that but my dumpling size was bit big for a soup spoon. But next time I will make it small and have it that way too. Again for the vegetables you can choose your family favorite too.

Ingredients :

1/2 head of small red cabbage
1 carrot
few florets of baby bok choy
1 small onion
2 stalks of celery
5-6 water chestnuts
small handful of bamboo shoots
5 cloves of garlic
1 thai chili
Few leaves of Thai Basil
long piece of ginger - I love ginger so I always take more.
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
freshly cracked Black pepper
Wonton wrappers

Method:

Take all the vegetables and chop it in food processor, not puree, just in small pieces so its easy to stuff it, otherwise you can do it by hand too.
Heat a wok, add sesame oil, then add ginger, chili, garlic and saute for minute.
Add rest of the vegetables and mix it.
Add all the sauces and black pepper and taste it.
Try to avoid adding salt, because salt will help vegetables to lose their water and then you have to cook more and vegetables will get mushy. So adjust your soya sauce in it.
Take it out and let it cool.
Once the mixture is cold, start stuffing in wrapper.
Take one wrapper, put a tbsp. of stuffing in middle.
Put water across the edge and seal it in half moon shape or what ever shape you wanted to give.
Get ready till all the stuffing is done.

Get your steamer ready. If you like you spread cabbage leaves on it or spray oil and put them without touching each other.

Cover and steamed for 10-12 minutes on a medium heat.
Remove dumplings from the steamer and put it in oven for keep it warm , or you can eat it as soon as it comes out.

Serve it with your choice of dipping. I made it from Sesame oil, mustard, teriyaki sauce and sriracha.





Dipping Sauce






I baked 4 of it to show you how it looks if its baked. But loved the steamed one more.


Enjoy.

Hearth & Soul HopLink up your recipe of the weekHappy Holidays Link Party | bakeatmidnite.com | #linkparty #recipes #DIY
A2K - A Seasonal Veg Table: Eat Your Greens
#recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too

34 comments:

  1. Looks really good- might try this out for a change at home- thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce and dumplings - what a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and yummy! I would definitely go for the steamed one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nicely made dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good way to get more vegetables into kids as well as adults :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will look out for the wonton wraps and give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious and healthy dumplings Linsy love it, I too like steamed version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very healthy fiber rich filling,looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healthy and delicious dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy.. I like the steamed ones

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely colour....sooooo full of flavours:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Filling is really good,definitely worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is a yummy looking dumbling .U baked it too. I have always wondered how the baked ones will be. Yes I too like soft ones.
    Which brand of wonton wrapper do u buy Linsy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use store brand, they dont have any name on it, just wrapped in plastic cover , in my Asian store.

      Delete
  14. Your toh queen in playing with ingredients and presenting the most awesome combos.
    This one is super

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look great, I personally like them pan fried. Thank you for sharing with EatYourGreens, as always thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore dumplings and these look great. I prefer them pan-fried, but usually make or buy them to steam because it's healthier. Thanks for stopping by our Happy Holidays Link Party - be sure to join us again this week, beginning on Saturday at 7 pm ET.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These dumplings look delicious. The chutney you have served it with looks exciting. I have not used Wonton wraps before so thanks for introducing me to a new ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have made these with all of my favorite fillings and just in time for Chinese New Year. I have never tried to make my own dumplings from scratch. I think this year its time for me to try with this easy to follow recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome I can try this recipe out. We need a change in our meals n these yum dumplings will taste awesome. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These dumplings look awesome . Perfect healthy snack to gorge on guilt free. Love the stuffing .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow dumplings sounds so healthy and mouthwatering. Also loved your dipping. I can imagine the taste of mixed sauce. Never tried store bought wrap. I am not sure if its available here. I would love to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These dumplings look delicious. Reminds me of off a south indian variety modak where we stuff steamed and cooked lentils as stuffing and then steam
    My hubby would love these as he is a die hard fan of mom's, wonton or any veg dumplings

    ReplyDelete
  23. These dumplings look delicious and we love all the flavours used. It is ideal to make over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates