Saturday, February 27, 2016

No Ginger Garlic or Tomato Chana Masala

My Husband loved chole but after he is diagnosed with UC he cannot have spices  as well as tomatoes so he stopped eating that but I was feeling bad that he can not have this so I tried to make chole without tomato and I skipped ginger garlic too. He can have ginger and garlic but in moderation so I didn’t wanted to even add it. Turned out that he love this chole and told me to keep this recipe for him, so I told him its going to be on my blog so I can go back and review it when I forgot how did I made this. I did the same thing for Rajma masala , instead of tomatoes I made puree of onion and carrot and add rajma and it becomes delicious dish. So playing around ingredients and spices and you can create your favorite dish in no time. To add some color and vegetable, I added carrot in it but you can skip it.

Ingredients  :

1 can white chickpeas (drained and washed)
¼ cup Cashews
1/2 carrot chopped in small bites
1 medium onion
1 tsp. Cumin seeds
1 inch piece of Cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. Chole masala powder
1 tbsp. Turmeric powder
1 tbsp. cumin coriander powder
Salt to taste
Lime juice to taste
1 tbsp. Oil

Method:

Make a puree of onion and cashews with little water.
Heat a oil in pan, when is heated add cumin and other whole spices, when its nice and fragrance, add onion puree and cook till water goes away and puree is little brown.
Add powder spices and mix it. At this stage you can add ginger garlic and tomato puree if using it.
Add chickpeas and carrot. Add enough water to cook and needed gravy.
Add salt and cover the pan and let it cook till it gets desired gravy consistency.
Before serving add lime juice and sprinkle some coriander leaves and enjoy with hot paratha or puries or rice.





11 comments:

  1. no ginger or garlic? But they are 2 of my favourite ingredients ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine too, but my husband have condition so he can not have ginger garlic.

      Delete
  2. I love Indian food and love the idea of the chickpeas and cashew nuts in this dish, sounds lush:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this version of chana masala..it looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing with MLLA, I have to admit I would struggle without ginger and garlic in my curry style dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, this is for my husband, he has condition so he can not consume ginger garlic so have to make it for him.

      Delete
  5. I am always looking for new ways to serve chick peas as they are so good for us and this is such a deliciously flavourful recipe, Linsy. I'm sorry your husband is having health issues but it's wonderful you were able to develop this recipe for him - and for us! Thank you for being a part of our Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates