Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vagharela Marcha / Instant Green Chilies Pickle

I love spicy food and this dish is my favorite. My mom used to make all kinds of green chilies to go with diner, she stuffed them , fry them  or just stir fry it in some spices and we just eat it with roti or khichdi. After coming to US I saw lot of varieties of chilies and I tried this dish with all kinds of chilies but best way I found this dish is this long green chilies. It says its spicy but its mildly spice not too hot like jalapenos or Thai chilies but not spice less like capsicum. You can use capsicum too if you don't want any kind of spiciness. This is perfect side dish with any curries or gravy dish or even plain khichdi. I never had problems with leftover chilies, because it will be gone in 2 to 3 days. So my guess is it will last in fridge in at least 5 days.

Ingredients :

3 long chilies
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. fennel seeds (saunf)
salt to taste
2 tsp. oil ( I used olive oil)
pinch of aamchur or chat masala
pinch of turmeric powder

Method:

Cut the chilies as you like, rounds or slit in two parts and then cut it.
Heat a pan, add oil in it.
When its hot add saunf and mustard seeds.
Then add chilies and mix it.
Add salt and chat masala , turmeric powder and cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
BE VERY CAREFUL when you open the lid, don't stand near gas stove, all the air will come to your nose and you will suffocate with spicy air.
Mix it very well and remove from the gas.
Serve at room temperature with your main dish and rest store it in fridge.
Inspired from here.
                                  



Hearth & Soul HopAnnouncement of Spotlight : Festival Treats for the month of Sep-Oct.
http://cuisinedelights.blogspot.in/2013/09/announcement-of-spotlight-festive.htmlUnder30v2
Hetal's event
guruscooking
cuisinedelights  and riappyayan
cooking4allseasons.
 Vardhini's event 

26 comments:

  1. My mum used to make this all the time. Lovely pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would burn my tongue with that!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gonna be a must try for me. I think you know how much love chilies, thus making, storing and eating as and when needed will lift me high up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my great grand ma does with with Jaggery this is new to me.. this version look spicy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow mouthwatering vagherela mircha :) makes me drool !! love this with puklas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spicy and yummy... Thanks for linking it to the wtml event, waiting for more delicious entries...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green chili pickle is my favorite..this is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom-in-law also prepare same way.....I love this pickle....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very spicy pickle. Have heard about it but never tasted this. Would love to taste this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very easy to make chili pickle. yumm....mouthwatering here.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/09/a-preview-on-four-seasons-wine-paired.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will surely try it :)thanks for the easy pickle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linsy, just letting you know that you are in my Featured Food Blog sidebar for October on Carole's Chatter. Have a great week. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is great. never tried to make any homemade pickle. this is a gud inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. i too luv spicy dishes.. i cant ask anything more spicy than these Hot Chilli pickles ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely pickle...my husband's favorit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spiy and yummy green chilli pickel. Thanks for linking my event.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just hot..hot..hot..,need sum curd rice nw..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates