2 avocados (beginning to ripen)
1 cup flour
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
12 cup milk
1 cup panko (japanese bread crumbs)
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 onion (diced)
3 cloves cloves garlic (diced)
1 chipotle chile (adobo chopped)
4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
12 tsp chinese five spice powder
14 cup cider vinegar
12 cup light brown sugar
- For ketchup, heat olive oil in saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 6 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper and tomatoes, cooking over low for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, vinegar and brown sugar, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Puree in food processor, add salt to taste.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in deep fryer.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed, quarter each half, gently peel skin away.
- Combine flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in flat bowl.
- Put Panko in another flat bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs and milk, and put in yet another flat bowl.
- Dredge avocado slices in flour, then egg mixture, coat with Panko.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with Chipotle Ketchup.