Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tiramisu with Home Made Mascarpone cheese

To all who made Tiramisu in past and I visited your blogs I always mentioned that this is my favorite "Pick me up" cake. I don't know when and how I got addicted to this wonderful fluffy cake. When I used to work , we had tradition that who ever birthday comes, office will have cake for birthday person. Since first my birthday here in US I had this cake as long as work there. Only problem is this cake comes in very small size , not like other cakes. So I make sure before serving everyone, I cut big piece for me, being a birthday girl no one had problem for that. After that I started making at home too. But never made it with mascarpone cheese. I always made it with pudding and whipped topping but it comes out very nice fluffy, this is the first time I made it with homemade mascarpone cheese. And it came out very good too. I followed Julie's how to make  mascarpone cheese at home word by word because she said it in her recipe that follow step by step directions so I did it, Thank you so much Julie for this. And still waiting for your new post, hope to see you soon. Rest is easy , lets do it. I made it square ones and individual portions size too. I am giving you recipe for individual one.

Ingredients :

1 package Lady fingers cookies
12 oz homemade Mascarpone cheese (you can use ready made too) or

you can use ricotta too.

half tub of whipped topping
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup of cold coffee or expresso
2-3 tbsp. sugar or as per your sweet tooth
1 tbsp. cocoa powder for garnish
2 square of good bitter chocolate for garnish (optional )
coffee liquor (optional)

Method:

Make coffee as per your taste and let it come to room temperature. When its cold add coffee liquor in it if using it.
Meantime whisk mascarpone , sugar and vanilla in a bowl. fold in whipped topping too.
Dunk lady finger cookies in coffee for 5 seconds and break it and put it in bottom of the glass.
Add big dollop of cheese mixture on it.
dunk one more cookie and put it in cheese mixture.
Take another glass and repeat.

Do it till you done with cookies.
Top should be cheese mixture.
Sprinkle some cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
Put plastic wrap on each glass and leave them in fridge for 2-4 hours.
Take out the wrap and serve it cold.
Enjoy.








Shruti's giveaway
Indrani's Page
caroleschatter

37 comments:

  1. Wow I am drooling over here Linsy.Wish I could take a spoon and scoop out some tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those individual servings... looks absolutely yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and great recipe...looks so refreshing and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. on my to do list for the longest time..you just gave me a push

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am drooling over that verrine, i want atleast one to enjoy rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely..and its always soo gud when we make the ingredients too at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best desserts, simple to make but adored by many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These individual tiramisu look fantastic. Mouthwatering dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiramisu is fav dessert dear, u made it very nicely... delicious and love the small portions...
    Thanks for linking it to the WTML event, waiting for more yummy and delicious recipes from you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is what a perfect cook deserves...woha....superb from scratch...really a good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourites - thanks for linking it to my event :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks real yum ! I've been planning to do this for a long time,and your tiramisu has tempted me to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dessert has been in my list for long since it has egg I havnt tried it yours looks perfect very nice to know ur space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! It looks so perfect... Would love to make this mascarpone cheese @ home :)

    Visit me @ www.cookingwithsj.com and give your valuable feedback on recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow these tiramisu parfaits look so chocolaty and creamy...nothing can ever bet the creaminess of homemade mascarpone...beautiful dessert and certainly one of our favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. couldnt they look perfect Great Lincy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow wow dear... love these super tiramisu... super look n wish to grab it one now...

    ReplyDelete
  18. very tempting n perfect 4 [arties..so lovley glasses vth yummy filling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linsy, can't stop looking at those tiramisus. looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks very delicious!!!

    ongoing event with giveaway
    http://pramithalovecooking.blogspot.ae/2013/08/celebrating-my-1st-blog-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks so yummy dear ...drooling here !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so badly want that glass Lincy.. It's so so tempting...Yumm yumm

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely desert , looks so yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's in my to do list since ages.. I'm craving for it right now.. You have done it so well.. Looks too delish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. making homemade mascarpone cheese is a brilliant idea Linsy! Plus I have to say this again, that tiramisu looks yummmm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates