Sunday, September 1, 2013

Authentic Falafel Balls

Falafel now a days is very common to find  in a cart here in US. There are lot of  carts or shops are famous also for their falafel sandwiches. I saw recipes where people add anything with chickpeas and call it Falafel., sometimes its good but I like to eat authentic stuff when ever its possible. I got this recipe from old colleague of  mine , she was from Israel and she always complained about falafel here it 's so commercialize that they lost their authenticity. I asked her how did you guys make at back home and she told me that all counties has their own versions of falafel. Some uses fava beans, some uses chickpea and fava mix, some uses only chickpea. Here I have used Green chickpeas to make balls. Recipe is same as my other falafel recipe.  but here I fried it , I was not at all interested to use paniyaram pan for this. Because chickpeas are dried they need moisture if you use that pan you have to semi cook it and then use pan for that. I didn't wanted to waste time and food so I just deep fry it.

Ingredients :

2 cups dried  green chickpeas 
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon AP flour / Maida
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
Salt and pepper, as needed
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying.
 
Method:
 
Soak the chickpeas in cold water  overnight.

Drain the chickpeas  and place them with the onion in the bowl of a food processor.

Add the rest of the ingredients, except the oil. Mix well.

Process the mixture a second time.

Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls and deep-fry or pan-fry in hot oil.

To make Falafel sandwich, In a pita add 3 falafel balls, with tahini sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and hot sauce. Enjoy.




Final Dish. 

Hetal's event

25 comments:

  1. delicious looks great, could you please link it to my event, only few hours are left...

    On going event Julie's Flavors of cuisines - "Turkish"

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectly made falafals...looks super interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome falafels, looks delicious...
    Ongoing event: WTML event sep 2013 @Priyas Virundhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. falafels look delicious,all we need is some pita and hummus and ready dinner in minutes,we so adore Middle eastern cuisine and this dish looks a perfect way to celebrate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look fabulous.. :) I have tasted them recently because middle east cuisines have greater impact here in Germany..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yum...feel like grabbing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for linking in wtml event dear...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Falafels are common street food here.loved your version too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very tempting fried crispy rolls. We will love it as a side bite for our rice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gr8!! Thanks for linking it to my event :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crispy and addictive falafel, i love that pita packet sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi linsy, my humble request to you, please put about my event & giveaway @ your blog's side bar. please like my Fb page

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Linsy for sharing an authentic falafel recipe. Looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, I was planning to make some falafels. You made with green chickpeas, I thought to go for white ones. What say those would also be nice. Wouldn't be?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was wondering if you ever tried adding fava beans to this falafel balls?? Someone told me it's an authentic way... I haven't used yet though :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love the falafel twist that you have done. Looks so crispy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates