Monday, November 18, 2013

Missi Roti / Yellow Spilt Chickpea Bread

I had my eye on this dish since very long. Never had a chance to make this roti. So one night I make sure that I soak chana dal so next day for our breakfast I can make this roti. It is ideal for lunch or diner too, have with gravy dish or just with pickle or yogurt its perfect for light lunch too. Its best combination of protein and carb in one bite. You can use your leftover chana dal also to make this roti. Never waste your food , make something out of it and you will amazed by your own creations.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup soaked and boiled chana dal (make sure it stays whole)
1 cup of WW flour
1/4 cup chickpea flour (Besan)
salt to taste

For tempering :

1 tsp. oil
Pinch of hing
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. garam masala powder
1 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste.
fresh coriander leaves chopped

Method:

Heat a small pan, add oil in it. Add hing and all powder masala and salt and then add chana dal and cook for 2-3 minutes till its coated with masala.
Turn off the gas and add coriander leaves and mix it. let it cool so you can handle it.
In a big bowl add both flours, chana dal mixture, salt and 2 tsp. of oil
Make dough for roti.
Make 8-9 balls and keep it aside.
Heat griddle and make rotis as you make it.
Roll the dough in circle and cook on griddle on both side. Apply oil on one side and make little crispy and cook on both side. Done with all balls.
Serve hot rotis with hot cup of tea  or for lunch with pickle or yogurt or for diner with your gravy dish.
If you are using leftover chana dal, mix it in flour and knead the dough and make rotis. you can add kasoori methi and finely chopped onions too.

Hearth & Soul Hop
Amrita's Page  and Priya's event
cookclickndevour.

31 comments:

  1. healthy delicious roti! Ive heard n seen alot but yet in to do list of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missi roti looks yummy.I too don't like wasting food really the makeover sometimes amazes me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missi roti looks yummmy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very yummy.

    On-going event: Dish it out
    Eat seasonal food, fresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have heard about missi roti but never tasted it. I guess now I can it make by following your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super dear, I love this missi roti. I made this missi roti for the IFC this week end it was awesome. your version seems to be a little different I will try yours also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Misi ki roti with chai... Ummm... Looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a wonderful outcome esp making it for the first time. I adore anything with legumes and this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know its name .But i dont know how its made.Now i got it .Lovely rotis linsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have tried this long time back...your clicks tempting me to try again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovley missi roti, yet to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...my longtime pending recipe...Yours looks perfectly delicious!! Your clicks rocks as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely one! I enjoy these missi rotis with any sort of pickle :) And now I'm tempted to make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice work young lady thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a delicious looking missi roti! I never added hing in tempering....I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When ever I am using dals, I added hing or more garlic to them for easy digestion,

      Delete
    2. The lady , if u are especially looking for parantha , then do not add hing, but if its a leftover daal then already hing is there, but in little qty. Hing wil have pungent smell for parantha.Ms patel rightly said, hing is good for digestion

      Delete
  16. Missi roti looks really yumm and perfect love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my MIL often makes paratha from leftover daal!! They do taste yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super dear, I love this missi roti. ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. healthy Indian bread...thanks for linking it

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks yummy. thanks for linking to the lunch box event

    ReplyDelete

  21. Lots of great looking dishes here! I can't keep up with all the dishes I want to make...there's always so many good ones :)
    Restaurant in Rajendra Nagar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates