Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with Creamy Vanilla frosting Inside

I don't know about your kids but mine don't eat cupcakes ,, they just lick the frosting and throw cup cake away. So I never like to make cupcakes at home. But when I was thinking about outside the box I got this idea.

Yes, frosting is inside so when you open your cupcake all the goodness is coming out. As all of you know I am not a baker, but I have to overcome of my this weakness so I am trying to do things for kids so atleast they can have some nice stuff to eat. I always make brownies or muffins but this time I wanted to do something different. Instead of putting frosting inside I wanted to put it inside the cupcake. I did it too and I was successes too but I am not perfect so It's not picture perfect cupcakes but kids had it happily. I made it first time and so I was not expecting also that I will successes 100% but I am getting there.  So let's starts.

Ingredients: Makes 24 cupcakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 large egg or egg replacers
1 cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 cups Mini Oreos, crushed into chunks

For Vanilla Frosting:

1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Method:

First with the electric mixture beat butter on medium speed until its creamy. Add sugar and beat it till all mixture become nice and creamy. Take it in a bowl and mix vanilla extract. Mix well. If not using immediately you can store in the fridge for upto 10 days.

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cupcake tray with paper liners. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully incorporated. In a small bowl, combine vanilla extract and milk.

Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until just incorporated (do not overmix!). Add 1/2 of the milk mixture and beat again until incorporated. Keep adding flour mixture and milk mixture alternately, being sure that you end with the flour. Add crushed Oreos, gently stirring them into the batter.

 
 
 
Fill up the cupcakes liner 1/3 and then add tsp of vanilla forsting in it. Make sure you covered bottom part of the liner and then add frosting. Once you done with it, add remaining batter on top and cover the frosting.
1/3 batter is inside the liners
then frosting on top of it.
cover with reamining batter
 
Bake for 20 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
Take it out and leave outside for 20 minutes cause inside is very hot.
You can eat it as it is.

see I told you I am not a  baker. In perfect baking, icing should be in the middle.

but still its amazing.




 JWsMadeWLuvMondaysHearth & Soul HopGuru's Cooking Giveaway Kids Special '13


31 comments:

  1. Delicious cupcake Linsy, Mine too eat only frosting and throws the cupcake out. I like the idea of putting inside. You made good cupcake. thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious cupcakes with that twist

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an amazing way of drenching the vanilla within the cup cakes, innovative Linsy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect n great idea... Not only your kids even mine just lick the frosting n throw the cake.... Will try ur idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow too tempting cup cake,love the idea of cream filling...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They indeed are amazing Linsy!! I am loving this dessert phase on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome clicks and recipe will try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that' s a very innovative cupcake... love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is an interesting cupcake:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius idea! Although I have a feeling my daughter would open the cupcake, lick out the frosting and throw the rest away.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting cupcake, it is a little surprise for the kids inside, they will just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cupcakes look so cute and yumm... loving the idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an excellent attempt. These cupcakes look so delicious, I wish I could eat these right off the computer screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cupcakes look so tempting and yummy !!!
    Thanks Linsy for linking them to both the events :)
    ShrutiRasoi

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so innovative!!!!!! You are brilliant Linsy!!! Bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just like you, I am not a baker. Its not have no interest, just that patience is a big virtue to baking. So I don't rush and baking is when time is on my side.

    Now, I also prefer the frosting instead of the cake. Thus, its nice to bite into a cake which oozes out with soft creamy flavors in the center. Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome ideas!! Frosting inside? Wow!!
    Looks yum and delicious!
    Perfectly baked cup cakes, very innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cupcakes!! definitely can feel the inner cheessy filling !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly delicious and innovative...Such tempting clicks :)
    www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super delicious !! looks so inviting !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting yummy cupcakes...cupcakes look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very innovative cupcakes, yummy and super delicious.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/06/corn-capsicum-masala.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. delicious. loved the idea of filling.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely...I am so loving your baking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely cup cakes. Nice clicks.

    http://indianfoodnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a creative idea putting the frosting inside for a little surprise! Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely idea ! kids happy and Mummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. My kids fav..Make it very often..Great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates