Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tava Vegetables

I love stuffed vegetables so when ever I get chance I make this. This time also I was looking for more but couldnot find it but if you find Parval, brussels sprouts please add in to it. It will become more delicious. I make this stuffing powder masala more and keep it so next time I don't have to grind it again. You can add roast chickpea flour (besan) too, it gives nice crunch with peanuts.

Ingredients :

2 cups of mixed vegetables (Okra, Karela, small eggplants, onion, potatoes)
2 tsp oil

Grind masala:
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp white sesame seeds
pinch of kasoori methi
1 dry red chili

Mix this and make a fine powder of it.

In this masala add 1 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp of red chili powder ( adjust as per your taste)
1 tsp cumin - coriander powder
1 tsp garam  masala
pinch of amchur
salt to taste

Method:

Slit vegetables in 4 part , not all the way just half way thru vegetables.
Mix all the grind masala with powder masala and stuff generously in the vegetables.

Take a big flat pan and add oil in it and add stuffed vegetables.
Cover and cook on low to medium heat.
Make sure you turned them from all sides so they cook evenly.
one more thing, take big pan so vegetables stay in one layer so it cook fast  too.
Make sure when you take lid, water don't drop inside of pan.
When its done, garnish with coriander and sprinkle with lime juice.

Serve it with roti or I like to eat just as it is.
 Hearth & Soul Hop
akilaskitchen
Kalyani's page
shrutisrasoi and Gayathri's page

25 comments:

  1. Tava vegetables look very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make tava fry all the time with store bought masala this one is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the crunch of peanuts into the veggies. Peanuts for savory dishes are a great add-on and oozes out the flavors too. Simple, inviting and my kind of dish for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tava fry vegetables looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that a flavour vegetable fry dear :) looks delicious , would like to have them with gram gram dal chawal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ground masala itself is a new and nice combination! peanuts are an interesting addition. I'm sure the veggies tasted yum!!
    Looks very inviting! Stuffed veggies are a show stopper any day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE tawa fried vegetables. I love making them, eating them, feeding them and even ordering them in restaurants. Yummm!!! I don't add peanuts though, that's interesting. Need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks so tempting.. I love the spices combo in this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this one! Only addition from myside is a spicy gravy on tawa along with veggies and give it a smoky flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very healthy and delicious tava vegetables,thanks for sending to Healthy diet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delicious and flavorful !

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks delicious & mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a great fan of ground masala stuffed veggies.. Urs looks very inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmm! Looks delicious!! This must be my lucky day, I'm always on the lookout for good recipes... second blog I've found today.
    I may or may not have spent an hour reading post after post and taken a lot of notes! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never tried making this.. Looks yummy and well made Linsy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates