Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Paneer Pakora / Indian Cottage Cheese Fritters - My way

After long wait, I received my parcel from my parents from India. They send me and my sister parcel with masala and other stuff what ever we needed. I never used masala from here, because first I don't like it and second my mom freshly made it for us and send us. In Gujarat we store whole year's supply of masala and grains like wheat and lentils and rice. Main reason in my guess is Gujarat has most business people, small or big, so they stock up whole year's supply so if business is good or bad, their family has food on table. So we have season for masala , that time my mom made it for us and then send us.

This time I got my paniyaram non stick one. I liked my old one, but its metal and its take lot of time , this was so quick I was amazed, Now you will see where and how I will use it. I wanted to make pakoras so I start off my pan with that and here comes no fry paneer pakora dish from my new non stick paniyaram pan. About this dish, its one of the favorite appetizer in Indian restaurant here. Everyone enjoys it. Just make batter you make for any pakora, add paneer in it and deep fry it if you wish or you paniyaram pan.  Enjoy.

Ingredients :

15 cubes of paneer -  I used homemade paneer from 1% milk
1 cup of Chickpea flour / besan
1/4 cup Rice flour
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp ajwain seeds (carom seeds)
salt as per taste
1 tsp chat masala ( some to sprinkle later on too)
1 tsp turmeric powder
pinch of soda bi carb
half spoon oil to cook

Method:

Mix besan, rice flour, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, ajwain seeds, salt, chat masala, turmeric powder and make pakora better. Not to thin or not to thick.
Add soda bi carb and mix it very fast and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
Heat paniyaram pan , add just a dot on oil.
Take paneer pieces and dip in the batter and put it in the pan.
When its cooked turn over with the stick and cook on other side too.

Repeat till its done and take it out in a dish.
Sprinkle chat masala on everyone and enjoy with your favorite chutney.
I mixed ketchup with dry garlic chutney and mix it very well and had it with pakoras.


Instead of red chili powder , you can add green chilies too, just reduce red chili powder quantity.



Did you got your tea ready to have it with this pakoras?
 Hearth & Soul Hop
Pooja's Event
Manju's blog and Gayathri's blog

30 comments:

  1. Such an awesome use of the paniyaram pan.. Loved those cute looking paneer pakoras !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy and cute . love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. tempting and inviting...I liked this version of pakoras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pakoras, gr8 idea of making them in paniyaram pan. Healthy version and very inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tempting pakoras, looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the pan and but I sure love to try out the delicious pakoras. Maybe I can try to cook it over a non stick pan or bake it in the muffin tray. The paneer pieces are stuck in a lovely way inside the batter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what an idea... looks very nice dear... N am really sorry for not coming here for past few days. am little busy with personal issues so ll make it presence soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an idea sir ji! love your innovations dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow nice recipe...where can i buy this pan...i really need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sushmita - you can find it on Amazon or you can ship it from India.
      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YAFBVW

      Delete
  10. Lucky you getting your spices straight from Gujarat! I can't wait until I get a chance to go to India and try them fresh. Nice recipe and blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kitchen Queen,

    Your cheesy snacks look very appetizing! It must be difficult to stop with just one :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a gujju , i also bring my yearly stock of masala from India.

    Paneer pakora looks great. Your innovative ways of using paniyaram is inspiring me to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious Pakoras.. I liked the healthy non-deep fried version.. Do visit my space when u find time
    Sharan's Samayalarai

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fantastic, quick to prepare n luv ir idea..

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice idea healthy version.. Thanks for sharing this to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious and healthy snack I love it. thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I'll see a calorie chart, will not try making it! But when I'm in mood to ignore it, I'm definitely gonna give it a try :) Lovely one...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks fantastic.. quick and easy..and so delicious.. Thanks for linking with us..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just realized its an old post yet had to comment cos the paneer pakoda looks reallly yuummm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do not have this paniyaram pan, and surely this gives very beautiful shape to your dish. by the way Paneer is my all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linsy I have gone paniyaram pan crazy... want to try everything in it. Also trying to reduce carbs in my diet... so these pakoras are ideal, full of protein from the chana dal flour and paneer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am very excited to know new things. like this one, i was unaware of Paneer Pakora So thank you for the blog.
    Cake Delivery in Delhi
    Cake Delivery in Noida
    Cake Delivery in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you so much for Paneer Pakora giving such amazing and luscious recipies... I appriciate your write up.
    Cake Delivery in Ghaziabad
    Cake Delivery in Faridabad
    Cake Delivery in Dehradun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by at my blog. Your comments are very valuable for me so drop me a line.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Copy right

All recipes on this blog is copy righted by me, the blog owner.

Welcome all food lovers

Hi Welcome to my blog. I am stay at home mom with two cute kids, one boy and one girl and only masi of my amazing nephew. I love to cook and make new friends so lets start a new friendship. You can contact me at patel.linsy@gmail.com.


Labels

Followers

Flag Counter
myTaste.com
Top Food Blogs

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama

Won Best Recipe from Arthy Shama
Vegetable Deewani Handi

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone

Winer of Best Recipe - Calzone
From Sowmya and Nithu's Space

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Award from Rashmi from Aromatic Encounters

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Best Mexian dish award from Janet

Top Contributor Award

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Expert Blogger Award from The Yogi Vegetarian

Participation Certificate

Top contributor Award

Top contributor Award

Participation Award

Participation Award

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Winning Dish - Malai Kofta

Participation Certificate

Participation Certificate

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Leibster Award from Sabeena

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
By My Food Treasures

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Best Salad recipe from Jalela

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Best Healthy dish Award

Best Healthy dish Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Awards

Award

Award

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificate

Certificates